When a loved one is diagnosed with cancer, we often feel helpless. Assembling a care package can help show your support. Here are some ideas to include in a cancer care package.
- A hand-written note of encouragement and even personal photos to share a smile.
- Snacks or foods, especially those to help with nausea. Lemon or ginger candy is a popular choice for those going through chemotherapy treatment.
- Gift cards to favorite restaurants or food delivery services like Door Dash or Grubhub.
- Water bottle
- Books, magazines, or even adult coloring books can help pass the time.
- Comfort items like neck pillows, fuzzy socks, sleeping masks, heat packs, weighted blankets, and comfortable clothing.
- Subscriptions or gift cards to subscription services like Netflix, magazines, games or other online content.
- Chapstick, lotion and hand sanitizer, unscented, if possible, to avoid nausea or skin reactions.
- Gas cards if the person is traveling for treatments or appointments.
- Lyft or Uber cards if they need help with transportation.
Your encouragement could mean the world for the person going through the cancer journey. Don’t be afraid to check in, send cards, or even just a simple text message to let them know you’re thinking of them.